Monday, July 28, 2008

1 Week Today

Jack Looking Around

Jack with Eyes Open

Riley with Bottle

Here are a few more photos of Jack and Riley. Rachael and I go into the NICU two times a day. Usually we are there from about 10:00-2:00 and 6:00-10:00. Both of them have had their ups and downs, but they seem to be making steps forward. They are having a hard time bottle feeding, because they don't seem to be able to swallow well enough. They also gurgle a lot. They are both gaining weight now, which is good. Jack has been opening his eyes more, and is starting to become as alert as Riley.

We have no idea when they will come home. I don't think that is really our main concern now. We just want them to come home when they are ready, whenever that is. A couple took their two sons home last night, and the nurse, who was crying, told us the two boys had been there 109 days. We are hopeful that the little girl next to us will go home today, she has been there a little bit over four weeks.

We will see what today brings. Oh yeah, the photos I post on here are kind of dark because I don't like using a flash in the NICU.

Today is all about pop music. Levity.

MGMT "Kids"

1 comment:

Holly GoLightly said...

They are so cute guys. I can't wait to meet them, I know I post that everytime, but I cant wait!! The longer they are in there the better, just remember that. Glad to see Jacks eyes open. So cute!! Talk soon. Love you all!!