Thursday, July 31, 2008

Let's Make A Deal...(Caution, Non-Sequitur Ahead)



Another day another dollar (at least in parking) at the NICU. I'm trying to find an appropriate way to convey what Rachael and I are going through at the moment. Perhaps what is most fitting is that if you read this blog and find nothing but mindless print about pop-culture, than I am begging you to assume the day has been shit. If you come to this blog and find all kinds of stories on the topic you have been looking for, then assume it was a good day. deal?

With that, I will write about Jaws II (my movie of the night). I have never understood how the Jaws series were (was?) so well received. Maybe it is because I was raised in the Midwest and have never feared large fish with teeth. The films are interesting to watch, especially the 3-D version which I remember seeing in the theater as a kid, but I still feel like I'm missing something. I do think the films were shot well. But like I have been told, and dealt with on many an occasion, you can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Lord knows I've tried.

Let's all hope for posts about little Jack and Riley soon.

No comments: