Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Boston Spaceships

Forget baby news for a while and let me step way out of the realm of Jack and Riley for a sec. They're a big bore lately anyways. Kidding. I have set a new goal. Though I missed Radiohead, I will not miss any chance to see Pollard. I guess the bet I have going in my own head is whether or not I will have two kids at home by the date of this concert. I'm betting on yes. Maybe this will be a good babysitter night, as I know Rachael will want to go.

2008 - 09/26 - Robert Pollard's BOSTON SPACESHIPS / The High Strung / tba - 9pm $15
Boston Spaceships is the most recent project by the arguably most prolific rock songwriter on the planet, Robert Pollard. Often considered the pioneer of lo-fi, Pollard spent the most of his career fronting and being the c.e.o. of Guided By Voices (No wonder his new label is called, GBV INC.). His newly formed band is a trio with Chris Slusarenko ( Who plays with Pollard in The Takeovers) and John Moen who is currently also in Decemberists and has played for and with Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks and Elliot Smith. The band recently has released a new album which showcases even more songs by Pollard that only further his epic indie-rock 'n' roll legacy.

Boston Spaceships, Winston's Atomic Bird

No comments: