Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dr. Babyface

Not much happened today. Rachael and I saw Tropic Thunder. It was good. I would give it a B. Like Pineapple Express, it could cut the fat a little, but overall it was funny. Honestly, I think that I'm not the best reviewer at the moment, having a tiny attention span and all...

Jack is on the CPAP, again, but whatever makes him feel good is cool with us. It is less troubling to have him on the CPAP with the belief that time is the ultimate issue at hand. As the doctor said, our goal is to keep them safe. Duh. But it really makes sense considering their condition. I don't feel the need to push them as much as I used to with the thought that it is a transient issue. Also, we our able to hold Jack with the CPAP now which makes it a little less traumatic for us. He is in a safe place. They are also attended to by truly amazing people. Our dream, and I confirmed this through discussion today, is that one day we will win the lottery and donate all kinds of money to the NICU. The nurses there save lives every day. Words cannot express the amount of gratitude we have for them.

I'm doing my own internet research, as you can imagine, and have become more secure in the diagnosis. Sometimes I wish I was stupid enough to take every doctor at their word. It might make it easier on me. Unfortunately, I realize medicine has many variables, as do doctors. I have faith in ours though. He has a baby-face. Rules. So, anyhow, the lesson I'm learning is to believe in positive thinking, medicine (Budweiser) and...God. Yeah, I said it (God). You try having two babies in the NICU. And why do I even feel the need to explain it? It isn't like I'm thanking God for the great pass I just caught in the Super Bowl. Assholes.

Whatever...nothing more. No photos. No photogenic moments. They can't be cute all the time.

No comments: