Tuesday, August 12, 2008

With A Little Help From My Friends...



I believe this video was first brought to my attention by Grandpa Cornett. Shout out. Then, the other day this was sent to me from Pete. Again, shout out. So, bottom line, it is really funny. It made me laugh for the first time in a while. So dramatic, I know. I realize most of you don't look at any youtube video I post on here, and believe me I wouldn't either, but this one is really worth watching. Everyone will enjoy this one. Really.

Going along with the theme of this post, I would like to thank everyone for all their support. I know Rachael and I haven't been very good communicators lately, or ever, let's be honest, but please know that we appreciate all the cards, messages, emails, posts etc...it really means a lot to us. So thank you. This applies to you to Connor. Even though I know that you would like your card back, Jack and Riley are very appreciative of their cousin's support.

As the post time suggests, it is really early in the morning. Or late at night, depending on your perspective. One thing you have to do (or can't keep from doing) when your kids at the NICU is make phone calls in the middle of the night to check on their status. It is very stressful. This is especially true when Jack has recently gone off the CPAP. You are aware that every time you call can bring disappointing news. Well, as I was typing this, I could hear Rachael on the phone. And when I hear Rachael on the phone with the NICU I'm forced to listen intently to her voice in order to determine the type of news she is receiving. This invariably leads to a fast heartbeat. Turns out this phone call was pretty good. One of our favorite nurses has our babies tonight. She told Rachael that Riley has been a peach. She also said that although Jack had some problems early on (around 7:00-8:00) he hasn't had any problems since being suctioned early tonight. He has a lot of snot. Now it is nearly 5:00 a.m. So he isn't on the CPAP, for now, but this may change by the time you read this.

One quick story about phone calls. Earlier today Rachael and I were at home when she missed a call from Fairview Hospital. This has never happened before and of course she freaked out (as anyone would have). She called the NICU upon realizing that she missed the call. When she asked for the status of Jack and Riley, the doctor got on the phone instead of the nurse. This also never happens. More panic. Turns out the doctor was only calling to let us know he reduced their medication. Rachael nearly had a heart attack. It is easy to think crazy thoughts when the NICU comes calling.

That's all. Now I must return to Drew Barrymore in Firestarter. What a gem.

No comments: